Flu Season Information
Flu season is upon us. Here are some tips for prevention:
· Hand washing is the #1 prevention - be sure to wash hands frequently and especially before meals, but particularly in public settings such as schools, workplace and the grocery store. (Hand sanitizer can be used when soap and water are not accessible.)
· Use Kleenex for sniffling and coughing.
· Get plenty of rest, fluids and proper nutrition to keep your immune system healthy.
· Check with your health care provider regarding the flu vaccine for all family members.
If you experience flu virus symptoms (such as cough, sore throat, muscles aches, fatigue and fever):
· Get plenty of rest and fluids.
· Use over the counter cold remedies with the direction of your health care provider or pharmacist.
· Staff and students should NOT attend school with either a fever over 100 or severe coughing (anyone attending with these symptoms will be sent home due to contagiousness and illness).
· Staff and students should NOT attend school until they are fever-free for 24 hours. This will help assure that they are no longer contagious.
· If your child is out ill with flu symptoms, would you please notify us of the presence of flu symptoms when you call the absence phone line.