KRMS Ski Team
KRMS is proud to announce the third year of a KRMS Ski Team. The 2012-2013 Ski Team is coached by Patti Bryck and Glen Bonewald and is open to 6th, 7th and 8th grade boys and girls. No prior racing experience is required, however, this is not a learn-to-ski program! The program runs from November through February. Team practices will start with dry-land physical training at KRMS in Nov. and Dec. followed by on snow training and races at Mount Sunapee and Proctor in January and February. On snow training and races will be Tuesdays and Thursdays.
2012-2013 Ski Team Photos
Photo Gallery 1
1. Athletes interested in joining the ski team must sign up for skiing as their Winter Activity choice.
2. Athletes are responsible for all ski racing equipment. However, no athlete will be precluded from participation due to lack of equipment. Two local ski sales are held in November. The New London Outing Club holds its annual Ski and Skate Sale on Saturday Nov 7, 2009 at Outing Club Indoor Center Gym and the Mount Sunapee Ski Club holds its annual Ski Swap on Saturday November 21, 2009 at Mount Sunapee. Both sales are a great way to get used equipment.
The following equipment is required.
• Skis - exclusive race skis are not required...however, all skis should be in good condition
• Bindings - all bindings should be check by a qualified ski shop ensuring safe and proper operation
• Boots - should fit snug and be in good condition
• Poles - proper size poles with straps are best
• Helmet - proper fitting hard sided ski helmet that covers head and ears designed for skiing
• Goggles - they are required
• Clothing - proper warm clothing
3. Physical exams are required of all sports participants prior to the season. Please be sure to check with KRMS Nurse, Jane Ragazzo, for physical exam status and update.
4. Completed paper work: Application, Code of Conduct, Release of Liability and Health Release. These forms will be available in the office in the beginning of November when Ski Team sign-ups are announced.
5. The ski team is a club activity. The majority of the cost is generously covered by The Mount Sunapee Ski Club. To keep the program cost free, participation in fundraising is required of all athletes. Parent involvement in fundraising is highly encouraged.
For more information, please contact Coach Bryck at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Modified on 12/7/2012 10:56:15 AM